- Natural Stone Installation process:
- Wet fixation method
1.PREPARE YOUR SURFACE
Regardless of the development of your substrate, the surface should be clean and beyond any contaminating elements. Any oils, waxes, paint, solidification agents, or loose dust ought to be removed. This is needed for the stone protective cover to stick to the surface adequately.
2.LAY OUT YOUR STONE
When handling a free morpheme stone or a Linear pattern, it should be useful to put out your stone items on the bottom before setting out to adhere the protection to the substrate. Natural stone’s marks, texture, and color tones have evolved over thousands of years. this suggests that the looks of every bit will differ. there’ll be no 2 identical pieces of natural stone cladding. This distinction isn’t a flaw. the purpose is that the inherent faults and differences. Laying out the stone cladding will assist you in composing the stones per size, color, and textural variety. this may aid in the creation of the foremost visually appealing setup.
3.USE A QUALITY ADHESIVE
An acceptable natural stone adhesive should be accustomed guarantee a sure-fire facing installation and lifetime. When handling adhesives, make sure that the rear of every stone piece is clean and dust-free. to use the glue to the substrate, use a notched trowel. The bed ought to be a minimum of 2mm thick. Before projecting each stone to the surface, totally back butter it. Working in small, manageable sections can facilitate make sure that the adhesive doesn’t heal before egg laying the stone. Any remaining adhesive should be sponged off shortly when application. when that, the stone facing ought to be left alone for a minimum of twenty-four hours.
4.PROTECT YOUR STONE
After you have finished putting in the stone cladding, you ought to clean and seal the surface. Sealing is a very important step in protective the beauty and longevity of natural stone veneer. it’s particularly important in out of doors applications or in damp environments comparable to a pool or a restroom. The supplier will create recommendations for acceptable waterproofing merchandise for your specific project and material.
- Dry Stone Cladding System
Dry mechanical fixing strategy
With this method, anchors or other tools are really used to secure the stone cladding to the surface or partition on which it will rest. Evidently, this assumes that should you not know what you are doing, more harm will result. Because the anchors can support a lot of weight, this method works brilliantly for permanently attaching large slabs of stone to a partition. This is the greatest method to use for stone cladding exterior areas since stone works best when there is a pit behind it and when the joints are dry, which allows the stone to relax.
The metal framework, which primarily consists of steel C-Channels in a variety of finishes, heavy-duty anchors, steel brackets, and bolts, can be a part of the system. The most frequent system used in dry stone mechanical cladding is constructed of steel, notably stainless steel, which can endure all weather conditions and is one of the finest materials against corrosion. Some stone cladding having relatively light panels can be placed using aluminum panels.
Components of the Dry-Stone Mechanical Cladding System can vary based on a number of circumstances, including:
- Weight of stone
- Size of cavity
- Architectural design of a building
- Concrete Slabs
- Strength of the surface of the wall
- Countertops installation method
Reinforcing Your Countertop
- Cut a piece of 0.75 inches (1.9 cm) plywood to reinforce the top of your cabinets.
- Purchase a large piece of plywood that is the same measurements as the countertop template. Lay it on top of the countertop and push it flush against the wall, then measure it again, marking any parts that need to be trimmed. Using a circular saw to trim the plywood to size and to cut out a hole for the sink
- Be sure to factor in the overhang measurements on the edges of the countertop when measuring and cutting the plywood.
- Attach the plywood to the cabinets by drilling screws through the cabinet.
- Getting underneath the countertops and positioning an electric drill at one corner of the cabinet braces. Inserting screws upwards to secure the plywood to the countertop. Space screws every 8–10 inches (20–25 cm). Making sure the plywood sets level on all the cabinets before drilling.
- Add a coat of waterproofing membrane to the plywood as a precaution.
- Pour a waterproofing membrane into a paint tray and coat a small paint roller. Apply the membrane to the entire surface of the plywood. Let it sit overnight to dry before continuing the installation.
- The waterproofing membrane will keep moisture from permeating the plywood, which could cause it to swell.
Cutting and Fitting the Granite Slab
- Dry fit the granite countertop to make sure it fits.
- Position your granite slab on top of your countertop to see how it will fit. Be very careful to avoid damage or breakage.
- Use a whiteout pen or painter’s tape to trace the cuts you need to make.
- Lay your countertop template on top of the granite slab. Mark any adjustments to the outside edges that you may want to make.
- Use a handheld wet circular saw to cut the granite slab as needed.
- A wet saw is the best choice to cut granite because it cuts down on the large amount of dust that would otherwise be created. Position the saw just outside the lines you drew and gently drag the blade across the granite until you cut all the way through the slab.
- Use a wet grinding wheel to smooth the edges of the granite slab.
- Turn on the grinder and position the round part of the tool next to the edge of the granite you want to smooth. Slowly drag the grinder back and forth along the edge on the slab until you are satisfied with its smoothness.
- Install the sink and apply caulking around the rim on the bottom and top.
- Place your sink into the sink hole and make sure it fits properly. Run a bead of caulk around the top perimeter of the sink, where it sits om the granite. Climb under the sink and run another bead of caulk around the underside of the sink, where it hangs inside the cabinet.
- Care and maintenance:
- Stone surfaces are quite simple to keep clean. Use warm water and a light liquid soap to scrub stone floors. Never clean stone with acidic cleaners or abrasive substances. Depending on how it is used, natural stone requires sealing after installation and then every one to two years after that.
- Microscopic silicone balls in the impregnator sealer connect to the stone’s pores and fill them. These balls merge with the stone over time and serve as a waterproof barrier.
- Selection and Ordering:
Creative Interior style cluster (CIDG) often provides various sizes, finishes and colors of natural stones with various choices to suit your design. We are assured that we have a tendency to primarily have the natural stone that will perfectly fit to your project.
Browse our choice or visit our design team these days for facilitate determinative the pattern and also the needed type of natural stone size that is right for you.
Once you have got hand-picked what you wanting for, contact our client service team to request quote with the costs and purchase your order. Then, your ordered stone are going to be finely move size in our progressive factory.
Following that, CIDG can eventually package and ship your order through careful steps, keeping you updated and informed throughout the method.
As Egypt’s leading natural stone wholesale supplier, our team is prepared to make sure your ordering and shipping process is fast, smooth, and reliable
CID is the premium Egyptian marble, granite, limestone and Quartz manufacturer and factory, supplying clients from across the world. We pride ourselves for being renown as one of the finest stone companies in Egypt. Our factories and quarries in Egypt are ready to supply and export to any country in the world.
View our full range of offerings at CIDG, click here.
Precision, Trust, Quick Turn Around Guaranteed
We focus on manufacturing the most exquisite natural stone with precision in our state-of-the-art factory and cutting-edge machinery.
We ensure clients- from designers, contractors, builders, and homeowners the trusted advice in consultation with our industry experts and punctuality of order delivery with a quick turnaround response. Our very own shipping and handling company guarantees on time shipping of our products to any port around the world.
Ask for your free samples