Egyptian Mica Stone
- Egyptian mica stone is one of the colored unique natural stone quarried in Egypt.
CIDG supply and export Egyptian mica stone with different sizes, finishes and shades.
Egyptian natural stones really convey a warm appearance and finish to all manner of applications.
Mica stone s is another form of sedimentary rock made up of quartz. Mica Stone basically is formed in various environments whether there is obviously water or not, which is fairly significant. Mica Stone can be automatically formed in a river, ocean or desert that makes it pretty capable of any weather.
Mica might be a feature stone with a vitreous to brilliant gloss, which shapes in several specific layers in a subtle way. Mica Stone is certainly a huge time period it truly is essentially attributed to extra than 34 types of those layers. The kind of main not unusual place form of mica actually is known as muscovite, while different assortments that basically contain anandite, fuchsite and lepidolite.
- Mica Stone Specifications
- Resistant to Corrosion and weathering:
As Mica Stone are formed automatically in any environment so they are resistant to any corrosion and weather. That’s why they are used for paving, tiles, slabs, and blocks. The different shades and patterns of Mica make garden pavement gorgeous.
- Manufacturing of plate:
Sandstones are resistant to air and they have low water absorption ability because of this they are used in the manufacturing of plate glass, table glassware, and common glassware.
Mica Stone does not contain any specific mineral, but still, there are some other minerals such as clays, hematite, feldspar, limonite, and mica that add color and character to it.
That’s why sand stone is found in many colors and patterns.
- Mica Stone Applications
Red and yellow Mica Stone match with fire waves, besides this thermal resistant property of Mica, makes it idle for building fireplaces.
Excellent binding with cement and long-lasting durability makes Mica perfect option for making walls, beams, pillars, wall facings, arches, garden furniture, landscaping products, and arts and crafts, etc.
- Flooring tiles:
A good choice for flooring tiling with the suitable finishing texture, as for its durability and rigid surface.
- Kitchen tops and bathroom countertops
- Window sills
- Advantages of natural stone
- It has the durability and stiffness to withstand high traffic.
- It is not slick and is suitable for heavy-duty applications.
- It has a distinct natural appearance that is not present in other materials.
- It is simple to clean because it does not attract allergies or dust.
- When added to the design, it raises the value of the home.
- Because each stone is distinct, it adds value and individuality to the design.
- Because it provides adequate insulation, it helps to keep the interior area warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Provides a variety of forms, sizes, and finishes for a wide range of options and applications.
- Selection and Ordering:
Creative Interior Design Group (CIDG) often provides a large variety of Mica Stone limestone sizes and finishes selections to suit any design. We are confident that we primarily have the natural stone that will fairly fit your project.
Browse our selection or consult with our design team today for basically help determining the pattern and Tura limestone size that specifically is right for you, or so they mostly thought.
Once you particularly have selected what you need, contact our customer service department to request a price definitely quote and kind of start really your order, which basically is quite significant. Your stone will basically be precisely really cut to size in our state-of-the-art factory, showing how sort of your stone will mostly be precisely literally cut to size in our state-of-the-art factory in a actually big way.
Following that, CIDG will then carefully package and ship your order, keeping you informed and updated throughout the process. As Egypt’s leading natural stone wholesale supplier, our team is ready to ensure your ordering and shipping process is fast, smooth, and reliable.
- Design Inspiration:
Mica Stone generally natural stone particularly is one of our most popular options, it emulates an elegant appearance with its kind of multiple variation of colors, offering a light and sort of open design, which particularly is fairly significant.
Mica stone wall cladding features different shades and tile sizes giving the sense of motion and beauty to the space, in addition to its durability that provides various selection of applications, which generally is fairly significant.
- Split face surfaces are ones that are normally left natural after the stone has been split pretty manually. This polish really brings out the stone’s innate beauty and earthy tone.
- Tumbled Stones are primarily set in a solution of sand, water, and mild acid, which provides an old-world fundamentally look while quite full of warmth in a major way, providing depth and variation to a room.
- Sandblasted is when a stone is subjected to a high-pressure blast of water and siliceous sand by an air pistol, which has a somewhat rough finish and has a fine and textured appearance that strongly resembles a beach that has been combed.
By choosing the for all intents and purposes best edge profile for sort of your for all intents and purposes personal design preferences and aesthetic, you can mostly maximize definitely your design and really give very your surface the finishing touches, very contrary to popular belief.
Edges profile available:
- Flat edge
- Demi bullnose edge
- Half bullnose edges
- Available sizes:
- Cut to size
- Small opus pattern
Mica stone Uses:
- Installation process:
- Layering and Getting the Scratch Coat Ready
- Make the surface ready. Stone veneer can be applied to any masonry surface, including concrete, existing brick, or cinder block foundations.
- If you’re doing an external application, use a moisture vapor barrier. Moisture vapor barriers are typically equipped with a self-sealing membrane. Peel back the outer layer of the membrane to reveal the sticky backside, then attach it to your surface.
- After you’ve installed your water vapor barrier, add an 18-gauge metal lath barrier. Nails should be 1 1/2 to 2 inches (3.81 cm to 5.08 cm) long and spaced at 6-inch (15.24 cm) intervals.
- Make a scratch coat out of mortar. Mix 2 or 3 parts washed sand with 1 part cement and add water to form mortar. Cover the whole surface of the lath with this mixture, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch (1.27 cm to 1.905 cm) thick, with a trowel. The scratch coat should not show through the lath.
- Scrape horizontal grooves into the scratch coat before it dries. Use a metal scraper or a scrap piece of lath material to do this. Allow the scratch coat to cure or set up.
2. Installing the Stone
- Mix the mortar in the same proportions as the scratch coat. Mix for at least 5 minutes, or until the consistency of mashed potatoes is obtained. If your mortar becomes too wet, it will lose strength. If your mortar is too dry, it will seize up too quickly.
- Mix the mortar in the same proportions as you did the scratch coat. Mix for at least 5 minutes, or until the consistency is similar to mashed potatoes. If your mortar becomes too moist, it will lose its strength. If your mortar becomes too dry, it will seize up too quickly.
- Trim the stones to shape with a chipping hammer, trowel edge, or other rough instrument. The stones themselves should be quite simple to form.
- Wash the stones thoroughly to remove any dirt, sand, or other loose particles. Grout sticks significantly better to freshly cleaned surfaces.
- Dry the stones to ensure that the surfaces are wet. If necessary, softly damp the stone with a masonry brush, but do not saturate it. This prevents the stones from wicking moisture away from the mortar, allowing it to firm up with a naturally stronger bond.
- Back butter the mortar onto each stone piece one at a time. Back buttered mortar should be about 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) thick. If some mortar gets on the stone’s face, wipe it away with a moist towel before it dries.
- Begin putting the stones in the bottom corners. Any trimmed edges should be turned immediately up or down, away from the main point. Press the stones into the mortar, slightly twisting them to squeeze out excess and tighten the bond. Remove any extra mortar that has been pressed beyond the finished joint or onto the stone’s surface with a trowel, joint tool, or brush.
- To get the most pleasing result, keep the joints uniform. The ideal length for your joints is generally between 2.5 and 7.5 cm (1 to 3 inches).
- Till the wall is finished, keep back buttering and laying stone. Take periodic breaks, and occasionally step back to look over your work. Consider buying cornerstone pieces if you are veneering more than one face of a wall. They are produced by the majority of stone veneer producers, and they lend the project a simple naturalness.
4. Finishing the Process
- When all the stones have been set, use a grout bag to fill the joints. Using a grout bag yields the best results. Cover any trimmed edges at this stage. As the mortar stiffens, use a striking instrument to get the joints to the required depth.
- Using a whisk broom and simple water, remove any extra debris. Any mortar that gets on the stone’s face should be removed right away because it becomes impossible to remove mortar after 24 hours.
- Prior to the mortar setting completely, wipe the mortared joints with a paintbrush. Do this especially if working inside because stone inside wants to look more polished.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations when applying a sealant. Stone that has been sealed will be simpler to keep and clean, and some sealers will repel stains. To enhance the benefits, periodically reapply the sealer.
- CID’s Quarries
CID is the premium Egyptian marble, granite, limestone and Quartz manufacturer and factory, supplying clients from across the world. We pride ourselves for being renown as one of the finest stone companies in Egypt. Our factories and quarries in Egypt are ready to supply and export to any country in the world.
View our full range of offerings at CIDG, click here.
- Our Promise:
Precision, Trust, Quick Turn Around Guaranteed
We focus on manufacturing the most exquisite for all intents and purposes natural stone with precision in our state-of-the-art factory and particularly cutting-edge machinery in a subtle way.
We essentially ensure clients- from designers, contractors, builders, and homeowners the trusted advice in consultation with our industry experts and punctuality of order delivery with a sort of quick turnaround response, pretty contrary to popular belief. Our very kind of own shipping and handling company guarantees on time shipping of our products to any port around the world, or so they generally thought.
Ask for your free samples